October 20, 2018 Country Fair!
We are super excited for tomorrow's Country Fair. In addition to all of your favorite Market vendors, we will have fun activities for adults and children. We even have kettle corn!
All day: View and bid on Upcycled Vintage Market Tees at the Market tent
All day: Get a cool Vegetable tattoo at the Market tent
9a-12p: Ranger Rick will have live animals for petting in the Library basement.
10a-11a: Doughnut bobbing for kids with apple cider to wash it down
10:30a-11:30a: Enter our Apple Pie contest! Drop off by 10:30. More info below
11a-1:15p: Chop't Contest for Adults. Are you a Market cook maven? Put your skills to the test by competing against other Market shoppers. Ingredients provided by the Market. More info below.
Apple Pie Contest Info
Hopefully, you picked up extra apples LAST Week at the market for the contest. No worries if you didn't plan ahead — supermarket apples will do! Here is the skinny on the rules to enter:
• There is NO need to pre-register!
• Just bring your baked beauty to the Hastings Farmer's Market tent by 10:30 am.
• Please put your name and phone number on a piece of tape and stick it on the bottom of your pan so we can return it to you.
• Bring an index card with your name and number on one side and the name of your pie and your ingredient list on the other. If the recipe is a family secret, no need to share (unless you win!) but, please, do list your ingredients and variety of apple used.
• Winners will be announced at 11:30 a.m.
• After the contest, small slices of pie entries will be sold for $2 per slice (3 for $5). All proceeds will go toward Culture Shock, the high school's wonderful diversity/dance show put on entirely by students.
CHOP'T contest info
We will give you $15 and 15 minutes to buy market ingredients. Then, you have 30 minutes to whip up a delicious market-driven dish/small bite. We will provide knives, chopping boards, condiments, olive oil and lemon etc. May the best dish win!
We have great prizes for both contests! Questions? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Honey Locust Farm House is making their only Market appearance TOMORROW with her handcrafted tea blends, local honey, and elderberry elixir. Stock up on this winter must-have to get over colds quickly and naturally!
The Knife Sharpener makes his monthly visit. Are your blades ready for the holiday season? If not, bring them down to the Market so Matt can sharpen them while you enjoy the festivities.
Speaking of the holidays, ensure that your bathrooms are well stocked with toiletries for dinner or overnight guests. Stop by Clean Ridge to stock up on locally hand-crafted soaps and lotions. They also make great gifts if you're starting your shopping early!
Mountaintop Maple Syrup visits-top your Sunday pancakes with tree-to-table local syrup.
10/20: HFM Country Fair: petting zoo, doughnut bobbing, pie contests, kettle corn and more!
10/27: Halloween Pooch Parade
See you at the Market!